A HPLC method has been validated for simultaneous determination of Alpha-lactalbumin (α- LA) and Beta- lactoglobulin (β-LG) contents in dietary supplements by HPLC-PDA. The method was carried out in C18 column with a gradient of 0.1% TFA/ water – 0.1% TFA/ acetonitrile as mobile phase. The proteins were detected at 215 nm wavelength within 50 minutes. The method was validated in specificity, linearity, precision and accuracy; and then was applied to analyze several random dietary supplements.
Alpha-lactalbumin (α-LA), Beta-lactoglobulin (β-LG), whey, whey protein, dietary supplement, HPLC, PDA
1. Tiêu Chuẩn Quốc Gia 9660:2013 (ISO 13875:2005) về Sữa Dạng Lỏng - Xác Định Hàm Lượng β-Lactoglobulin Tan Trong Acid - Phương Pháp Sắc Ký Lỏng Hiệu Năng Cao Pha Đảo, 2013
2. R. Hartmann and H. Meisel, “Food-derived peptides with biological activity: from research to food applications - ScienceDirect,” Current Opinion in Biotechnology, 18 (2), 2007, pp. 163–169.
3. H. Meisel, “Multifunctional peptides encrypted in milk proteins,” Biofactors, 21 (1–4), 2004, pp. 55–61.
4. H. W. Robinson and C. G. Hogden, “The Biuret Reaction in the Determination of Serum Proteins I. a Study of the Conditions Necessary for the Production of a Stable Color Which Bears a Quantitative Relationship to the Protein Concentration,” J Biol Chem, 135 (2), 1940, pp. 707–725.
5. F. Stumr et al., “Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay kit for beta-lactoglobulin determination: interlaboratory study,” J AOAC Int, 92 (5), 2009, pp. 1519–1525.
6. B. Miralles, V. Rothbauer, M. A. Manso, L. Amigo, I. Krause, and M. Ramos, “Improved method for the simultaneous determination of whey proteins, caseins and para-kappa-casein in milk and dairy products by capillary electrophoresis.,” J Chromatogr A, 915 (1–2), 2001, pp. 225–230.
7. Y. Ren, Z. Han, X. Chu, J. Zhang, Z. Cai, and Y. Wu, “Simultaneous determination of bovine α-lactalbumin and β-lactoglobulin in infant formulae by ultra-high-performance liquid chromatography–mass spectrometry,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 667, no. 1, pp. 96–102, May 2010.