The objective of this study to determine sample preparation and analysis vanillin, ethyl vanillin, menthol, amyl acetate and citral in the food additives using gas chromatography mass tandem spectrometry. The substances were extracted from the matrices with acetonitrile at 30°C for 15 minutes, determined by GC-MS using DB5-MS column (30m x 0.25mm x 0.25μm) for separation, the MS/MS detector. The calibration curves had concentration of 0.05 to 20 μg/mL, the method had the recovery of from 95.0% to 105%, the repeatability of from 1.92 to 4.04%. Applying the analytical method on 15 flavor food additive samples which were collected from markets showed most of the flavor additives contain more than one flavor compound in composition.
GC-MS, aromatic compounds, food additives
1. Hoàng Đình Hòa, Nguyễn Văn Lợi, Nguyễn Thị Minh Tú, “Nghiên cứu thành phần hóa học và hoạt tính sinh học của tinh dầu lá bưởi, cam và chanh”, Tạp chí Khoa học và Công nghệ 2014, số 52 (5A), 1- 6
2. Nguyễn Thị Huyền, Trần Thị Phương Chi “Các chất dễ bay hơi từ loài sả chanh (Cymbopogon citratus) ở Nghệ An”, Hội nghị khoa học toàn quốc về sinh thái và tài nguyên sinh vật lần thứ 6
3. A.G.Huesgen, analysis of natural and artificial vanilla preparations, Agilent Technologies.
4. Diogo Miron et al, “Spectrophotometric simultaneous determination of citral isomers in cyclodextrin complexs with partial least squares supported approach”, Current pharmaceutical analysis, 2012, 8, 401-408
5. Jan Krek, Janusz Slawomir czekaj and Wlodzimierz Rzeszutko “Validation of a method for simulraneuos determination of menthol and methyl salicylate in pharmaceuticals by capillary gas chromatography with cool on-column injection”, Acta Poloniac pharmaceutica Drug Research Vol 60, No.5, pp 343-349, 2003.
6. Maria J.Jordan, Kawaljit Tandon, Philip E. Shaw and Kevin L. Goodner, “Aromatic profile of aqueous banana essence and banana fruit by gas chromatography – mass spectrometry (GC-MS) and gas chromatography – Olfactometry (GC-O)”, J. Agric. Food Chem. 2001, 49, 4813-4817