A rapid, simply and effective method using ultraperformance liquid chromatography coupled to mass spectrometry (MS) detection was developed in order to determine sibutramine and phenolphthalein in weightloss tea, coffee, and milk. QuEChERS technique was used for cleaningup sample matrices. The extracts were separated on C18 LC columns using the gradient elution of 0.1% formic acid in distilled water and acetonitrile. The recoveries at the concentration of 50 µg/kg were from 90.1 to 105.8% (with RSDR of 4.04 4.24%), from 91.9 to 100.2% (with RSDR of 3.20 4.71%), and from 86.5 to 100.5% (with RSDR of 5.17 5.49%) for weightloss tea, coffee, and milk, respectively. Method quantitation limits were of 30 µg/kg.
Sibutramine, phenolphthalein, dietary supplements, ultraperformance liquid chromatography mass spectrometry UPLCMS/MS
1. Nguyen Hong Vu, 2 chất cấm có trong trà giảm cân Golean Detox nguy hiểm thế nào, Báo sức khỏe đời sống, (2019).
2. Wang, D., Man, R., Shu, M., Liu, H., Gao, Y., & Luan, F. (2016), “Detection of sibutramine and phenolphthalein in functional foods using capillary electrophoresis”, Analytical Meth ods, 8 (3), 621 626.
3. Kim, J. Y., Park, H. J., Kim, J. W., Lee, J. H., Heo, S., Yoon, C. Y., & Cho, S. (2016), “Development and validation of UPLC and LCMS/MS methods for the simultaneous determination of antiobesity drugs in foods and dietary supplements”, Archives of pharmacal research, 39 (1), 103 114.
4. Paíga, P., Rodrigues, M. J., Correia, M., Amaral, J. S., Oliveira, M. B. P., & DelerueMatos, C. (2017), “Analysis of pharmaceutical adulterants in plant food supplements by UHPLCMS/MS”, European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 99, 219 227.
5. PetkovaGueorguieva, E., Ivanov, K., Gueorguiev, S., Mihaylova, A., Madzharov, V., & Ivanova, S. (2018), “Detection of sibutramine in herbal food supplements by UHPLC/HRMS and UHPLC/MSMS”, Biomedical Research, 29 (14), 3006 3009.
6. Guidelines for Standard Method Performance Requirements, AOAC Official Methods of Analysis (2016).
7. Guidance document on analytical quality control and validation procedures for pesticide residues analysis in food and feed, SANCO/12571/2013.