Liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) method was developed for the simultaneous qualification of relevant forms of B group vitamins including vitamin B1, B2, B3 and B6 in nutritional products. Samples are hydrolyzed by enzymatic digestion at 37ºC in the shaking water bath within approximately 12 to 14 hours. Papain and α-amylase enzymes were used to hydrolize the protein and complex carbohydrate. Acid phosphatase was used to cut phosphoryl links to form free vitamin forms. The separation was achieved on a C18 column (100mm×2.1mm×1.7μm). Analytes were eluted with the mobile phase of 10 mM ammonium formate and methanol by gradient program at a flow rate of 0.15 mL/min. The calibration curves ranged from 0.2 to 2000 ng/mL with the correlation coefficients > 0.998. Limits of detection and quantification of method ranged from 2.7 to 3.8 μg/100g and 9.1 - 12.6 μg/100g, respectively. The method was validated at three different concentrations with the recovery of 80 - 110%, relative standard deviation of repeatability, RSDr %, of 2.61 - 4.69%, and intermediate reproducibility, RSDR% of 3.40 - 9.69%. The method was applied to simultaneously determine the four water soluble vitamins in several of nutritional products.
Vitamin, LC-MS/MS, nutritional products
1. TCVN 5164:2008 (EN 14122:2014). Xác định vitamin B1 trong thực phẩm bằng phương pháp sắc ký lỏng hiệu năng cao.
2. TCVN 8975:2011(EN 14152:2014). Xác định vitamin B2 trong thực phẩm bằng phương pháp sắc ký lỏng hiệu năng cao.
3. TCVN 8976:2011(EN 14166:2009). Xác định vitamin B6 bằng phép thử vi sinh.
4. TCVN 9513:2012 (EN14663:2005). Phân tích vitamin B6 bao gồm dạng glycosyl bằng phương pháp sắc ký lỏng hiệu năng cao.
5. TCVN 9045: 2012 (EN 15652:2009). Tiến hành phân tích niacin trong thực phẩm bằng HPLC.
6. AOAC 2015.14.Total Vitamins B1, B2, B3 and B6 in Infant Formula and Related Nutrition alsEnzymatic Digestion and LC-MS/MS. AOAC International: Gaithersburg, MD, 2015.
7. AOAC 986.27. Thiamine (Vitamin B1 in Milk-Based Infant Formula); AOAC International: Gaithersburg, MD, 1986.
8. AOAC 985.31. Riboflavin in Ready-to-Feed Milk-Based Infant Formula. Fluorometric Method
9. AOAC Official Method 986.27 Thiamine (Vitamin B1) in Milk-Based Infant Formula. Fluorometric Method.
10. AOAC Official Method 975.41. Niacin and Niacinamide in Cereal Products. Automated method.