Pig pancreas is an organ involved in the digestive process and is a source of by-products from cattle slaughterhouses that can be utilized to obtain protease enzymes. In Vietnam, protease enzymes have been applied in many different fields and still have to be imported from abroad at a relatively high cost. This study was carried out with the aim of finding an effective method to obtain protease products from pig pancreas and apply it to tenderizing meat. The results showed that the method of enzyme extraction with distilled water and precipitation of enzyme proteins with ethanol gave high efficiency in obtaining enzyme preparations. This preparation has the enzymes trypsin, chymotrypsin, pepsin and has the ability to tenderize meat at the content of 0.5% and has a negligible rate of dehydration during processing.
Pig pancreas, protease enzymes, trypsin, chymotrypsin, pepsin.
1. Kemp C.M., Sensky P.L., Bardsley R.G., Buttery P.J. and Parr T. “Tenderness: An Enzymatic View,” Meat Science, Vol. 84, No. 2, 248-256, 2010.
2. Đ. T. B. Thủy, Hóa sinh thực phẩm. Thừa Thiên Huế: NXB Đại học Huế, 2011.
3. N. M. Chơn, H. V. Trung và D. C. Ngọc, “Ly trích enzyme từ tụy heo”, Hội Nghị Công nghệ Sinh học toàn quốc Phía Nam lần 2, 77, 2011.
4. N. Đ. Lượng, C. Cường, N. A. Tuyết, L. T. T. Tiên và H. N. Oanh, Công nghệ enzyme. Hồ Chí Minh: NXB Đại học Quốc Gia TP. HCM, 2004.
5. S. Maqsood, K. Manheem, A.Gani, and A. Abushelaibi, “Degradation of myofibrillar, sarcoplasmic and connective tissue proteins by plant proteolytic enzymes and their impact on camel meat tenderness,” Journal of Food Science Technology, vol. 55, no. 9, pp. 3427-3438, 2018.
6. M. M. Bradford, “A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding,” Analytical Biochemistry, vol. 72, pp. 248-254, 1976.
7. Amano, Protease N “Amano” - Assay method for Protease activity (Amano method). Amano Enzyme Inc., Nagoya, Japan. pp. 77-78, 2002.
8. B. N. Andrew, W. J. Wobig, and D. H. Petering, “Native SDS-PAGE: High resolution electrophoretic separation of proteins with retention of native properties including bound metal ions,” Metallomics, volume 6, no. 5, pp: 1068-1078, 2014.
9. M. Dikeman and Carrick Devine, Encyclopedia of Meat Sciences. Academic Press, pp. 164 - 171, 2014.
10. Đ. V. Giáp, Phân tích dữ liệu khoa học bằng Microsoft Excel. Hà Nội: NXB Giáo dục Hà Nội, 2000.
11. N. T. K. Đông và N. V. Thu, Sinh lý gia súc - gia cầm. Hồ Chí Minh: NXB
Nông nghiệp, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, 2009.
12. N. M. Chơn, N. P. Tuấn, “Ly trích enzyme amylase và protease từ tuyến tụy của gà,” Tạp chí Khoa học Trường Đại học Cần Thơ, số 2, tr. 158-169, 2014.
13. D. Istrati, “The influence of enzymatic tenderization with papain on functional properties of adult beef,” Journal of Agroalimentary Processes and Technologies, vol. 14, pp. 140-146, 2008.